COLLECTIVE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

Drew Stanton is a 'Good Guy'

Friday, September 28, 2007

Had the opportunity to take a break from the computer this evening and take my 4-year old daughter to a high school football game. The game didn't turn out so great for the Hawks, but there was a minor celebrity siting at the game. Drew Stanton--the former Farmington Hills Harrison High School and Michigan State University standout and current Detroit Lions quarterback--came to the game...and sat right in front of me.

I must admit that I didn't even recognize him, but finally figured out who he was after a steady stream of autograph seekers clued me in. I will say that Drew was a real gentleman. He brought his own Sharpie, and signed t-shirts, sweatshirts, programs, hats, and posed for pictures with sheepish boys and giggly girls for the entire game. The only kid that he refused (justifiably in my opinion ;-) was a kid wearing a University of Michigan sweatshirt.

So I guess all big-time athletes aren't jerks...

No comments: